Saturday, November 10, 2007

Night Scenery By the Moon Toad River

These are all pictures I took at night in the village where I live.
If you click on this image to see it full size, you can see they set up a huge television screen and are playing a movie. Incidentally, they also turned they sound up really loud. The occasion was a town public education campaign to stop people throwing trash in the river. They stopped the movie halfway through and told people throwing trash in the river is bad.


This is a picture of the senior citizen's recreation facility. I woke up sometime after midnight a few days ago because the workmen were driving a truck in and out of the island the building is built on.

I don't know why they work at night so much and during the day so little. Maybe the same reason they do in the US. In order to bury toxic waste. Although they don't do it to drive up the overtime hours on their paychecks like they do back home.

This is a sweet picture my wife took during Typhoon Luosha. The Wenzhou area has the highest concentration of Christians in all of China. Be sure to look at the full size picture so you can see the water dripping down the sides of the buildings. I like that the only color in the picture is the red cross and its hardly noticeable.







Another of my wife's pictures taken from inside the house during the hurricane. I went out wading during the hurricane when the water first flooded the street outside the house, but didn't go outside wading after that for fear of contracting something.

When I told one of my acquaintances about this he said "our water here is very clean! Just a little bit of a high heavy metal content is all."

No comments: