Sunday, November 18, 2007

More Super-Special Chinese Fashion


Here is hoping these first two pictures don't offend anyone. I found this coat in a store and had to model it for a picture. I didn't buy it. I always wonder what they think when I pick up their clothes and giggle at them and sometimes take pictures without buying them. I try to be somewhat descrete when indulging in my obsession with interesting English, but sometimes the passion overwhealms me in a public spot and I throw all caution to the wind in a total disregard for the safety of my person.

I have always wondered why the Chinese are not willing to be respectful of Europeans and American's feelings about certain symbols and events. I am fully aware that the swastica is a Buddhist symbol, but Buddhist symbols are not usually worn on clothes such as this, and anyhow, this instance merely amuses me. It bothers me that they use the Schutzstaffel SS logo for their "China famous brand." This is certainly uncalled for, as the letters SS have nothing to do with famous brands. I suppose there is no use discussing it as it won't change anything.

I actually bought this shirt and brought it home before posing for a picture. I guess you can't really make out the words on the shirt, but it says pain and salvation. I guess one should wear it during self flaggelation. I actually like it. I hope its not a rip-off of a famous brand, not that I mind rippoffs that much in principle, but since I like it I hope against all hope that it is an original design. And plus, its pink. Dosen't get any better than that.

No comments: